A Complete Guide on NJMCDirect Online Traffic Tickets Pay Online. NJMCDIRECT, www.njmcdirect.com NJ Ticket Payment Online 2024. Step by step Pay New Jersey Traffic Tickets Online.
NJMC abbreviation stands for New Jersey Municipal Court. NJMCDirect is a platform designed for ticket payments by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (NJMVC). People charged with traffic violations stand before the Court for the case. The NJMCDirect website is only accessible to eligible users during operational hours. It’s available in English, Spanish, and Urdu.
Users can conveniently pay the traffic tickets online at https://njmcdirect.page/pay-nj-tickets/ by following the correct procedure. The ticket payment should be made on time to avoid an additional surcharge of more than 23%. The portal also allows users to locate a court or police station, know the ticket charges, how to pay, and challenge traffic tickets.
Benefits of the NJMCDirect Website
The portal avails the following benefits to the users.
- It saves time for the users by leveraging online websites to pay NJ tickets and handles multiple transactions. Users don’t waste time in long queues at the Court.
- The portal guarantees security to personal information since the data is only accessible to the Court’s employees under their line of duty.
- The website is convenient since, with an extra cost of not more than $4, one can settle traffic issues without physically visiting the Court.
- Launch into the official website at https://portalnjmcdirect-cloud.njcourts.gov/prweb/PRServletPublicAuth?AppName=NJMC.
- Progress to en espanol or English, which is user-friendly.
- Select one option from the list below.
- Traffic Ticket.
- Municipal complaint.
- Provide the Traffic Ticket information like Ticket number, Court ID/ Name, Prefix, License Plate Number.
- Tap on the search button to display the traffic ticket.
- Use any of the payment methods below to pay the Total Outstanding Amount.
- Online Banking (Western Union Money Transfer).
- Credit/ Debit Card.
- Master Card
- American Express (AMEX)
Requirements When Paying Traffic and Parking Tickets on the NJMCDirect Portal
Users require the following documents/ details to complete their traffic and parking payments.
- Traffic/ Parking Ticket
The ticket is offered to an offender who violates traffic rules. It indicates the charges, court ID/ prefix code, and the violations committed. The officers include the payment duration in the traffic ticket to avoid overdue fines.
- License Number
Users require a license plate number, indicated on the driver’s license or the car, to complete the payment.
Other documents include:
- NJMCDirect web address.
- Internet connection connected to devices.
- Digital browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Devices like Mobile, PC, or Tablet with Internet Browsers.
- Active during specific payment hours.
How to Find NJ Traffic Ticket Numbers Online
Guidelines on how to find NJ traffic ticket numbers online
The following tips should guide users on how to get NJ traffic ticket numbers on the NJMCDirect website.
- Move to the official website at https://portal.njcourts.gov/webe5/MPAWeb/jsp/inquiry/case/CaseSearch.faces.
- Type in information like name, driver’s license number, number of municipal complaints, and ticket number.
- Proceed to the search button by tying one of the details into the search field.
- Key in the Captcha code to view the ticket number.
Eligibility Criteria For Pay NJ Ticket Online at NJMCDIRECT
what is Eligibility criteria for paying NJ ticket online
- Users should understand the eligibility criteria to understand which card is eligible for online payment.
- The police department doesn’t issue warrants for the ticket.
- The ticket deadline should be maintained.
- The user should know the ticket number, court ID, and the nature of the violation.
NJMCDirect Timings For Online Payment
Operation Hours for NJMCDirect (Table)
The portal is only open during operational hours. The table below shows the working hours in Eastern Standard Time. NJMCDirect doesn’t accept online payments during holidays like New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||04:30 AM||11:15 PM|
|Tuesday||04:30 AM||11:15 PM|
|Wednesday||04:30 AM||11:15 PM|
|Thursday||04:30 AM||11:15 PM|
|Friday||04:30 AM||10:15 PM|
|Saturday||04:30 AM||03:15 PM|
|Sunday||01:00 PM||11:15 PM|
New Jersey costs and license points (Table)
The following table lists different types of traffic violations, their costs, and associated license points in New Jersey.
New Jersey Surcharge
Law enforcers issue a surcharge ticket to users when they violate traffic rules, and their driving license has over six violation points in three years. The violators are charged $100 and an additional charge of $25. Those who lack or have an expired license pay $250 per year.
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) imposes these surcharges when one violates traffic laws. According to the NJ traffic laws, the violators are offered traffic tickets to pay fines. Some additional points are included in the offender’s license when the ticket is issued and the fine is paid.
One is eligible to pay any fines for points below six in three years. When one exceeds the six points and gets more in three years, one is charged a fine of $ 150 for the next three years. Users pay $25 for every additional point over the six points.
Other circumstances for surcharge ticket include:
- Driving while drunk.
- Using a suspended license attracts a $250 surcharge ($750 for three years).
- Driving an uninsured car receives a fine of $250, adding up to $750 in three years.
- The user receives a hefty surcharge for the first and second DWI of $1,000 ($3,000) yearly.
- Failure to insure a moped attracts a surcharge of $100 monthly, amounting to $300 annually.
- Refusal to take a blood alcohol test gives a surcharge of $1,000.
- Using DWI, the user receives a $1,500 fine totaling $4,500.
Payment of the Surcharge Fees Involves the Following Steps
- Go to the NJ Surcharge official website.
- Progress to the option of preference from the list.
- Key in the date of birth and submit.
Alternative payment methods include:
- By Cash
Users navigate to the bank or financial provider that offers Western Union Money Transfer, and a receipt is issued for payment records.
- Money order or cheque
- Via Phone
Users can make payments via a toll-free contact number, 844-424-6829, where credit cards and debit cards are used as payment options.
A Plead not Guilty to Traffic Violation
People thinking that the violation charges against them are malicious can contest them by pleading that they aren’t guilty.
- Read the traffic ticket well and understand all the details in it.
- The user should notify the Court three days before your hearing date.
- Next, contact the New Jersey Municipal Court clerk.
- Inform the Court of the plan to plead not guilty to the charge against you.
- Now, meet the state prosecutor to negotiate a plea agreement.
- Face the judge if there’s no agreement.
- The Court can give you a public defender or hire a traffic ticket lawyer.
When one loses the case, fines, jailing, added traffic violation points to the driving license, community service, or a suspended license may result. Winning the case gets one exempted from paying huge auto-insurance charges; charges are dropped, no fines/ penalties, and no violation points are added to the driver’s license.
NJMCDirect License Restoration
Driver’s license gets suspended, and the driver is to complete all the fines and surcharges. The user waits for a certain period before applying for license restoration. A suspension period is availed to the driver and when to apply for license restoration.
The license holder can use the following ways to renew the license after the suspension period and clearance of all fines. A service fee of $100 is paid for reinstatement. The user can pay through:
- Via online
- Launch into the NJMC official portal.
- Type in your social security, driving license, and debit/ credit card numbers.
- Provide the zip code to continue.
- Progress with the page instructions to complete the process.
- Mailing a cheque/ money order
License holders can mail the cheque or money order to the relevant address. Drivers with suspension cases should include the last part about the suspension notice in the mail. The mail is sent to:
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
P.O Box 140
Trenton, NJ 08650-0140
- Local motor vehicle agency
The license holder can visit any local motor vehicle agency and pay the amount in cash.
NJMCDirect customer support
Phone: (973) 284 4945 or 609-292-8580.
Fax: (973) 284 4914.
Office: 228 Chestnut Street, NJMC Public Safety Building.
- What does it mean by NJ surcharge?
New Jersey surcharge is the extra penalty imposed on drivers with high traffic tickets or who commit serious offences like driving with a suspended license.
- How long can I access the ticket details on the NJMC portal?
NJMCDirect website avails the ticket details to users for only 90 days.
- What happens when the driver’s license goes missing?
The driver should report the lost ticket to the New Jersey Municipal Court or, the local police department/ any authority near your area.