A Comprehensive Process of Renewing Your Arizona Driver’s License. Arizonans can now renew driver licenses online. The process to renew Arizona Driver’s license in person. How to Renew Your Arizona Driver’s License Through Mail
Arizona Driver’s License
Arizona is famous for its incredible desert landscape, reasonable housing prices, sunny weather, friendly taxes, and numerous outdoor activities. Moreover, it is one of the states that offer the most extended period for a driver’s license to expire. Driver’s licenses allow drivers to operate vehicles on public roads. It helps in identity in case of road accidents. Your driver’s license becomes invalid once the expiry date passes.
When to renew your Arizona driver’s license.
Driving with an expired driving license is worth the penalty in Arizona. Drivers caught with expired driver’s licenses earn themselves a class 2 misdemeanour charge, two years of probation, four months in jail, and a fine of up to $750.
To avoid all these circumstances, Arizonans are requested to renew their driver’s license once they turn 65. You should renew your license for up to six months before it expires. Before then, drivers only need to renew their photographs after every 12 years. Once a driver attains 65 years (standard licenses), they are required to renew their licenses again after every five years.
New features of Arizona driver’s license
Arizona Department of Transportation has designed a new driver’s license, which is more secure and durable. The new Arizona driver’s license has the following features.
- It has dynamic technology to help curb fraud issues.
- It contains a black-and-white photo, making it hard to manipulate and peel.
- It is made from 100% polycarbonate materials.
- Has laser-engraved information.
- Contains a slightly raised secure surface.
Penalties for Driving Without a Driver’s License
- Increase your car insurance rates.
- Your period of getting a license is extended.
- You may lose your licenses (suspension)
- You may lose your car registration.
- Harsh financial penalties.
Documents Required to Renew Arizona’s Driver’s License in Person
To restore your Arizona driver’s license in person, you should carry the following;
- A completed identification Card or driver’s license application.
- U.S. passport
- Your current Arizona driver’s license.
- Social security card
- Vision examination results.
Arizona Driver’s License in Person Renewal Process
The process to renew Arizona Driver’s license in person
- Go to the AZ MVD NOW through the link; https://azmvdnow.gov/home
- Ensure that your driving record has no outstanding fees and does not carry suspensions or other issues that may delay your process.
- If you like, you can fill out and print your renewal application before.
- Have all the required documents, including your primary I.D. (Driving license)
- Go to the nearest MDV office or an authorized third-party driver service center. Check their operating hours to avoid inconveniences.
- Take a vision test with a licensed optometrist and bring the vision examination results. The test can also be done on-site.
- Drivers with mental or physical impairments, unsafe driver claims, and those having issues with their driving license must perform and pass a road test.
- Take a new photo.
- Pay the renewal fee using checks, travellers, credit cards, cash, or money orders.
- You will be given a temporary paper license as you wait for your license to be processed in 30 days. Your license is delivered in the mail after 30 days.
Arizona Driver’s License Renewal Process
Process of renewing your Arizona driver’s license online
Older people prefer staying home than visiting the MVD offices to renew their passports. Arizona has made it more convenient for them to renew their licenses in their homes by introducing an online driver’s license renewal portal.
Arizona’s online driver’s renewal process is as follows;
- Navigate into the AZMVDNow.gov website through the link; https://azmvdnow.gov/home.
- Plunge into the My credentials section and proceed to renew now.
- Follow the given instructions and give the necessary details.
- You will receive a new Arizona driver’s license through your mail after approximately 15 days.
Documents required to renew Arizona driver’s license through the mail;
- Photocopy of your current license
- Photocopy of your military I.D.
- Notarized driver’s license application
- Money order or check of $ 10
How to Renew Your Arizona Driver’s License Through Mail
The process is open to active military members living outside Arizona.The steps to renew your driver’s license via mail are as follows;
- Assemble the required documents listed above.
- Send them to the following email address and complete the process.
Motor Vehicle Division (DMV)
P.O. Box 2100
Phoenix, AZ 85001
Militaries on duty get an automatic extension if they inform the MVD offices that they are on duty. Residents outside Arizona with expired driver’s licenses can request an extension through mail. They have to send a letter of request and a fee of $5.
- When does an Arizona driver’s license expire?
Arizona’s driving license expires on the driver’s 65th birthday.
- When is a traveller’s I.D. renewed in Arizona?
A traveller’s I.D. is renewed after every eight years.